Tog-L-Loc® Sheet Metal Clinching System
The fast, low cost assembly alternative to spot welding, rivets, and screws. Manual or automated assembly solutions available.
Tog-L-Loc® (pronounced tog-uhl-lŏk) is a process known as clinching which cold-forms the part metal using a special punch and die to form a strong interlocking clinch joint. The result of the process is a round, button shaped extrusion on the die side of the assembly, and a small cylindrical cavity on the punch side. The clinch joint requires only the sheet metals that were joined. No external fasteners, or welding is utilised in the process.
Tog-L-Loc® Features & Benefits
- Joins plain, coated, and dissimilar metals – without burning the coating.
- A clinching process – No rivets, screws, or other fasteners are used.
- Eliminates spot welding operations.
- Long tool life: 300,000 joints common.
- Joints are created in a single press stroke.
- Non-Destructive testing with a simple gage.
- Strong, leak-proof joints are highly fatigue resistant.
- Environmentally Friendly process – Creates no sparks, fumes, or soot.