BTM’s standard for clinching aluminium, and is also ideal for when visibility requires a rivet look.
What is V-Loc™?
V-Loc™ is a visually improved Tog-L-Loc®joint which features a raised spherical inner diameter with a concentric outer ring. This design is intended to give the appearance of a more traditional fastener, but the process is essentially the same as the trusted Tog-L-Loc® joining method, which clinches sheet metals together using a punch and a die rather than the application of external fasteners or welding.
V-Loc™ Features & Benefits
- Joints are aesthetically pleasing, strong, vibration resistant, and leak-proof!
- Ideal for use in a location which will be seen by discerning customers.
- Stronger than Tog-L-Loc® when joining some aluminium alloys.
- Environment friendly – no fumes or sparks.
- Non-Destructive checking.
How it Works
The V-Loc™ clinching process is very similar to Tog-L-Loc® clinch joining. Each V-Loc™ clinch joint is typically created in less than a second and features three basic steps:
- Step 1 (Clamps): A punch side stripper clamps the metals to be joined.
- Step 2 (Draws): Next, a punch draws the metals into a die.
- Step 3 (Locks): The Tog-L-Loc die has moving blades which expand, allowing the metals to flow into a strong circular interlock.
The end result is a vibration resistant, leak proof clinch joint created without the use of expensive external fasteners or heat to hinder the effect of coatings.
Originally developed to respond to a customer’s request for a nicer looking clinch joint button V-Loc™ also provides improved material flow within the clinch joint to increase its strength especially when joining certain aluminium alloys. A thicker side wall and improved interlock increase shear and peel strength by approximately 25% over Tog-L-Loc® when joining some aluminiums.
BTM has a long history of designing and building both standard and special equipment to help you successfully implement cost saving clinching solutions. From standard punch & die tooling to complex multi-process automated systems, BTM can design and build a solution that is right for you.