BTM’s patented “THIN” air powered toggle presses produce high forces using 80 psi (5.5 bars) air pressure! The “THIN” profile allows for close stacking. These extremely simple and rugged presses have only three moving parts. A unique, pivoting, rectangular piston drives the non-rotating ram through a force multiplying toggle linkage.
This quick acting mechanism drastically reduces air consumption as compared with conventional pneumatic cylinders doing the same work. BTM press bodies are constructed of lightweight aluminium hard coated to a Rockwell C-70 for excellent wear characteristics.
- And more…
How They Work
The BTM Air Toggle Press has an innovative toggle linkage which utilises a unique rectangular vane piston as one of the levers used to multiply the force of incoming air pressure. The simple yet reliable mechanism allows the press to be thin and compact while multiplying force from 25 to 1000 times’ incoming air pressure. The mechanism produces high output forces from common shop air (80psi/5.5 bar).
- Air Toggle Press units deliver high force from a small, lightweight and compact unit making them ideal for use with a robot or in automated lines.
- Air Toggle Press units operate in any orientation with no special accommodation.
- The thin design allows easy access to narrow work piece cross sections and the positioning of multiple presses on close centerlines.
- Presses operate on and are rated at commonly available shop air (80 psi / 5.5 bar).
- Press force is not linear but continues to increase as the ram extends.
- Only low cost air delivery components (valve, hose, fittings, etc.) are required to cycle the press.
- Special presses can be designed to accommodate your application.
Features & Options
- The enclosed internal parts are protected from external contamination.
- Standard ram styles for easy mounting of tooling are available including the modifiable “S” model ram.
- Optional proximity switches to signal ram extended and retracted are available.
- Presses are equipped with lubrication fittings for greasing internal bearings.
- In line air lubrication is not required.
- Internal cushions are standard.