A new type of Tog-L-Loc®– combining rotation resistance with leak-proof characteristics.
What is Oval-Loc™?
BTM’s oval shaped clinch joint provides the anti-rotation benefit of our Lance-N-Loc™joint while being leak proof, improving tool life and does not cut through materials.
BTM’s oval shaped clinch joint is exclusive because it:
- Provides anti-rotation like our Lance-N-Loc™ clinch joint.
- Is leak-proof.
- Reduces maintenance cost due to improved tool life.
- Does not cut through materials.
- Provides good shear and peel strength in most material combinations.
How it Works
The Oval-Loc™ clinching process is very similar to Tog-L-Loc® clinch joining. Each Oval-Loc™ clinch joint is typically created in less than a second and features three basic steps:
- Step 1 (Clamps): A punch side stripper clamps the metals to be joined.
- Step 2 (Draws): Next, a punch draws the metals into a die.
- Step 3 (Locks): The Oval-Loc™ die has moving blades which expand, allowing the metals to flow into a strong circular interlock.
The end result is a vibration resistant, leak proof clinch joint created without the use of expensive external fasteners or heat to cause distortion or warping of the part.
BTM has a long history of designing and building both standard and special equipment to help you successfully implement cost saving clinching solutions. From standard punch & die tooling to complex multi-process automated systems, BTM can design and build a solution that is right for you.